For most of the youth that occupies this planet, learning is one of the major objectives pursued during waking hours. With a population so large it is understandable why the education industry is always being put under the spotlight. Most institutions face scrutiny due to a constant demand for better resources and easier access for hopeful students from all across the globe. Keeping in mind this demand it was only inevitable that with changing circumstances the world also saw a changing attitude towards education not only by consumers of the market but also by providers themselves.
Nowadays the aptitude of an institution to incorporate technological resources into their everyday curriculum plays a greater role in determining the worth of the institution as a whole which is why tools such as the learning management system which is the LMS full form and Enterprise resource planning which is the ERP full form has become quite common. However, since these resources are relatively new what is the importance of these tools and how one can particularly benefit from them is still under debate. The situation is not made much better by a shifting emphasis upon vocational studies rather than traditional career paths due to an oversaturation of the latter.
To clarify these matters we have to first understand what is the unique features which allow for the applicability of the learning management system and not just the LMS full form.
A learning management system is a software that can be utilized by any educational Organisation in general. For example, whether you are in a primary school or a college specializing in Humanities and Social Sciences using an LMS can make tackling administrative concerns, course distributive services, data collection, and accounting, as easy as a piece of cake.
Unique features of LMS
Several essential features of an LMS makes it an advantageous user interface to teachers and learners from all walks of life, namely;
- It offers a personalized experience for each user, which makes it easier for learners to access content that is relevant to them. It also raises the level of user interaction since course material can be accessed from a multitude of devices with almost no difference in the quality provided
- It helps learners stay on track by providing alerts and notifications about new content, while also informing teachers about the course takers’ learning speed by calculating course completion times.
- It provides an opportunity for the collection and distribution of feedback while also maintaining anonymity.
- It makes the process of education one that can be accessed anytime and anywhere. Remote learning is not only made possible but also that much more efficient with the use of an LMS.
- It provides optimal options for security which can often be overlooked in the case of using simple online streaming platforms for classes. There is a variety of hosting options for an LMS platform including cloud-based or SaaS or installed LMS.
As we have seen before an LMS can host a whole variety of services that can greatly enhance the educational experience attended through an institution taking its courses to an online platform. On the other hand, the ERP full form, which is enterprise resource planning offers exactly what the name suggests. The software caters more to Enterprises and businesses as a form of keeping track of the proceedings of the organization both on an internal as well as an external scale.
Unique features of ERP
Essential features of an ERP system that can help achieve a smoother operative stance are;
- It helps integrate the workings of all users who are registered as a part of the system. This means user data can be used as feedback to predict consumer trends and market risks.
- It helps maintain a constant stream of data accounting and reporting, which is not possible to maintain without error if done manually.
- It helps improve customer management and satisfaction as the system can predict what options will entice the user more based on previous transaction history.
- It helps manage human resources and provides opportunities to improve existing industry standards by keeping a check on diversity and better training facilities.
- It can increase profitability for the enterprise by optimizing all parts of the supply chain.